Vectus laser depilation by Palomar Medical Technologies is an effective and safe method of permanent hair removal. It holds the FDA certificate of safe performance issued by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, responsible for premarket approval of permanent hair removal devices.
It is the only device in the world equipped with the Skintel™ Melanin Reader which makes it possible to select efficient individual parameters and limits the risk of skin burns. Moreover, the Photon RecyclingSM technology, based on recycling of the light naturally reflected from the skin, significantly increases efficacy of the treatment.
Due to an individual energy assessment and the Advanced Contact Cooling technology, Vectus laser hair removal treatment is practically painless. Discomfort can be experienced by the clients with a low pain threshold and within the most innervated areas of the body.
- ingrown hair after different methods of hair removal
- illness related excessive hair growth
CONTRAINDICATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS
- metal implants within the treated area
- previously treated tumours
- pregnancy and breast-feeding
- skin diseases (psoriasis, mycosis, vitiligo, ichthyosis)
- photosensitive diseases (epilepsy)
- conditions of serious health disorder (e.g. heart diseases, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, collagenosis, PCO syndrome)
- suntan or usage of bronzers
- taken medication (antibiotics, anticoagulants, retinoids) or photosensitive herbs (St John’s wort, marigold)
- laser dermabrasion and deep chemical peeling
- employed semi-permanent hair removal methods
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (PREPARATION, THERAPY FREQUENCY, POST-TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS)
Proper preparation for Vectus laser hair removal is based on shaving of the skin 24h before the treatment and keeping it clean (no lotions or antiperspirants can be applied).
To achieve the ultimate results, the procedure is to be repeated every 4 weeks in case of face depilation, every 4 to 6 weeks in case of arms, underarms and bikini, and every 8 to 10 weeks in case of the back and legs.
A natural reaction includes a perifollicular erythema and swelling. After the treatment, the skin can be slightly reddened, therefore upon its completion, it is recommended to avoid saunas, swimming pools and solariums. In the course of the whole therapy, it is recommended to avoid solariums, bronzers and semi-permanent hair removal methods.